- Wood cutting boards, chopping blocks, and serving boards should be seasoned with a food-grade, food-safe mineral oil before first use.
- To season boards properly, warm mineral oil slightly and apply in the direction of wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow oil to soak in and then repeat application. Allow board to air dry and wipe off excess oil.
- Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- DO NOT soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-grade, food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- Remove odors by lightly rubbing board with salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Wipe off excess moisture with a paper towel, stand on end and allow to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.